Thursday, January 10, 2019

Be Still

Cannot sleep this summer’s night
Breezes bathing deep repose
Mother’s goodnight lullaby
Drifting, lifting, rhythm slow
Crickets keep time with my soul

Winter’s Summer, Solstice sun
Afrikaans sing midnight blue
Colors real here, they began here
Other shades are Deja vu
Whispers of the thing that’s true

January’s diamond stars
Patterns traced in waking dreams
All misunderstandings pause
Southern Cross and Pleiades
Meditation flows from these

Lost in sadness lingering
Faith and feelings yet defined
Though I try I cannot sing
Lost love letters left unsigned
Hopes like shadows cast behind

What is man but sand and clay
Stained glass windows erudite
Decorating walls by day
Shining glorious by night
Beauty born from inner light

When I sleep I dare not dream
When I dream I dare not breathe
Frightened by the powers unseen
Demons chant with no reprieve
Devils dare me to believe

I hear deep call unto deep
Waterfall and whip por will
Pray the Lord my soul to keep
In this season dark and shrill
Speaking silently, Be still


















No comments:

Post a Comment